What personal information we collect from people that visit our website?
In order for you to create an account with PaidUp and use our services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on PaidUp, including if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through PaidUp, or request any information;
- your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- your business and personal tax, social security, or other government-issued identification or identification numbers, as well as your date of birth, to verify your identity for underwriting purposes;
- your bank account information, to settle funds for your transactions;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services;
- information about your activity on and interaction with PaidUp, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use;
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- information that you submit to PaidUp in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you visit our site, register on our site, place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- quickly process your transactions;
- improve our website in order to better serve you;
- allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information.
What information is made public?
When you create an account, your profile on PaidUp may contain your account name, your athlete’s name, the teams you have participated in and the SelectFund campaigns you have backed. Whenever your account name or your athlete’s name appears on PaidUp (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or back campaigns), people can click your account name to see your profile. The profile is not searchable on PaidUp or via search engines like Google. Your profile may only be viewed within the context of the team you are participating in.
Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on PaidUp:
- the account name and athlete’s name;
- any information you choose to add to your profile and your athlete’s profile (like a picture, bio, or your location);
- team(s) your athlete participated in.
Third Party Disclosures
No, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
2900 North Quinlan Park Rd.
Austin, TX 78732
Last Edit on 2016-07-19